We are living in the middle of a tech explosion, as open-source applications are shared around the world and with the IoT and 5G on the horizon, we can expect to see some new sectors appearing.
Here are a few sectors to look for in 2023.
- 3D Printing – It’s already here we know, but you will start to see small 3D printing shops appearing; all you need to do is bring your design software and you are good to go! Huge machines will print auto chassis and other large designs and with a range of composite materials, you can build whatever you like.
- Robotics – How close are we to having a humanoid robot at home to do the chores? There are small startups with prototypes and if you have the money, you can place an order and expect delivery in 2023. Factory robotics is a booming sector and with state-of-the-art human machine interface touch-screen solutions, automation management is easy.
- Electric Vehicles – We are talking small devices that you can ride around, with multi-gyroscopes to keep two-wheel devices upright when stationary. The current generation run on lithium-iron batteries, which are becoming smaller and more powerful. Driverless passenger vehicles are also being developed and we are not that far from ceasing production of internal combustion power units.
- Underskin Chips – Elon Musk has invested a lot in his company Neuralink, which aims to connect AI with the brain via chips that are inserted into the body. Applications include access to your home or vehicle, security controlled access for employees; in Scandinavia there is a startup that will implant a chip under your skin to facilitate a range of functions, while a few German tech companies are moving into this field. Is this the future? It seems to be the case; imagine having a USB port on your temple; insert the chip and you can learn a language in 30 seconds or read every book ever written in half an hour.
- Drones – Drone technology isn’t new, but using AI, it is now possible to manage 1000s of drones from a single interface; people-carrier drones are being rolled out, which is a real game-changer.
The Internet of Things is almost ready to be launched, providing a platform for digital devices to communicate on a global network. This is definitely an exciting time to be alive, with so many new sectors and the most important development of all is AI.